Is registration required?
Registration is required only if you want to buy or sell a tour.
What is the currency used for all transactions?
All prices for tours and seller’s or buyer’s account balance are in USD.
Are this site available in other languages?
As of August 2018, there is only English site available but we plan to have the following translations ready by the next 2-3 months – Japanese, Chinese, Korean. We are considering to include French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian as well.
What type of payment method can I use?
Currently we only accept credit card payments via Paypal and Stripe.
What can I sell?
You can sell any service a tour guide can offer but you must adhere and follow local laws, rules and regulations. These are a few examples:
- A 2-hour tour around Shibuya Station
- A 3-hour shopping spree in Shinjuku
- 1-day Tokyo Disneyland Plan (Inclusive of Ticket for ONE!)
How much does it cost?
Registration is free. Listing your tour is also free. We only charge 10% for each transaction.
How do I get paid?
When a buyer places an order, we will hold it first and when you have completed the tour, we will transfer it to your account. We call it “escrow” to make the transaction safer by ensuring both you and your buyer meet your obligations.
Are there any tips to sell my tours?
If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that.
About tips, here you go:
- Use your real photo for your profile photo so that people know how their guide-to-be looks like.
- Give some surprises to your buyer during the tour, e.g. ice-cream treat, mini Japanese lesson etc.
- Give as much detail as possible about your tour.
How do I buy a tour?
- Decide a place to visit.
- Search for available tours related to that place.
- Contact the seller(s) and discuss about your trip.
- You may also ask the seller to create a new personalized tour for you.
- Order and make payment.
Can I cancell my order?
You may ask the seller to cancel your order and if your seller agrees, we will cancel it. However, no cancellation can be made 1 day prior to the tour date.
Can I contact the seller (local guide) outside TakeMe, e.g using email, WhatsApp, Skype etc?
Sure you can. However, if any dispute arose during the transaction, it will be resolved based on the chat history on TakeMe ONLY. Also, we are not responsible for any transactions outside TakeMe.
How if the seller (local guide) does not show up on the day of my trip?
Please get in touch closely with the seller (local guide) after you place an order and during your trip. If he/she does not show up on the day, contact us as soon as possible and we will try our best to find other registered local guides as a replacement, or give you a full refund.